OCCUPATIONAL CODE (EXCERPT)
Act 299 of 1980
***** 339.104 THIS SECTION IS AMENDED EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 7, 2021: See 339.104.amended *****
339.104 Definitions; D to K.
(1) “Department” means the department of licensing and regulatory affairs.
(2) “Director” means the director of the department or his or her authorized representative.
(3) “Disability” means an infirmity that prevents a board member from performing a duty assigned to the board member.
(4) “Files” means the records, memoranda, opinions, minutes, and similar written materials that were formerly in the physical dominion of a board abolished by this act and the records, memoranda, opinions, minutes, and similar written materials of a board created under this act.
(5) “Formal complaint” means a document that states the charges of each alleged violation and is prepared by the department or the department of attorney general after a complaint is received by the department.
(6) “General public” means each individual residing in this state who is 18 years of age or older, other than an individual or the spouse of an individual who is licensed or registered in the occupation or who has a material financial interest in the occupation regulated under the specific article in which the term is used.
(7) “Good moral character” means good moral character as defined in, and determined under, 1974 PA 381, MCL 338.41 to 338.47.
(8) “Incompetence” means a departure from, or a failure to conform to, minimal standards of acceptable practice for an occupation.
(9) “Knowledge and skill” means the information, education, practical experience, and the facility in applying that information, education, and practical experience.