INDUSTRIAL HEMP GROWERS ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 220 of 2020
333.29211 Initial registration; expiration; renewal; nontransferability.
(1) An initial registration granted by the department under this act expires at midnight on January 31 immediately following the date on which the registration is granted.
(2) Other than a registration granted under subsection (1), a registration is valid for 1 year beginning on February 1 and expiring at midnight on the following January 31.
(3) To renew a registration, an applicant must do all of the following:
(a) Submit an application on a form and in a manner provided by the department.
(b) If the application is submitted on or before January 31, pay the registration fee under section 511.
(c) If an application is submitted after January 31, pay the registration fee under section 511 and a late fee of $250.00.
(4) If an applicant provides express written consent to disclose personal information on an application, the applicant’s name, email address, and telephone number may be disclosed to a grower, a processor-handler licensed under the industrial hemp research and development act, 2014 PA 547, MCL 286.841 to 286.859, or a processor licensed under the medical marihuana facilities licensing act, 2016 PA 281, MCL 333.27101 to 333.27801. If the applicant does not provide express written consent to disclose personal information on the application, any information submitted by the applicant to the department on the application is exempt from disclosure under the freedom of information act, 1976 PA 442, MCL 15.231 to 15.246. This subsection does not apply to the disclosure of personal information to a law enforcement agency.
(5) A registration is nontransferable.
History: 2020, Act 220, Imd. Eff. Oct. 16, 2020 ;– Am. 2021, Act 4, Imd. Eff. Mar. 24, 2021
© 2020 Legislative Council, State of Michigan